Providing a central point of reference and information about Sir Winston Churchill, Churchill Central is a constantly updated resource packed with information and insights for anyone interested in finding out more about Churchill’s life and legacy.
It brings together material from many Churchill-related organisations and enables them to collaborate, contribute and share content that will expand the Churchill world.
- Use the timeline to learn about Churchill’s long and varied life, from his childhood to his time as a war leader
- Find famous Churchill quotes and speeches
- See how his life and legacy is still changing lives today
- Explore documents and images including his personal letters and photographs
- Uncover hidden aspects of Churchill’s life including his passion for painting, his writing and his family life
- Learn about Churchill’s life and times with educational resources
- Know what’s happening with events, competitions and exhibitions
- Access global Churchill exhibitions through our virtual exhibition space
- Explore Churchill’s life in the context of events and topics in world history
- Win prizes by entering the Churchill treasure hunt
- Find a wide range of books and other Churchilliana in our online shop
- Keep up to date by following us on Twitter, liking us on Facebook or subscribing to the Churchill Central enewsletter
With 2015 marking the fiftieth anniversary of Winston Churchill’s death, the Churchill Central website commemorates his life, work and achievements, and further advances his legacy for future generations.
The Churchill Central website has been funded by The International Churchill Society (UK) and developed by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc on behalf of the Churchill 2015 organisations.
About The International Churchill Society (UK)
The International Churchill Society (UK) is a registered charity which was established by Deed of Trust in 1988. It was set up to provide a forum to bring together all those with an interest in commemorating the life and advancing the legacy of the celebrated British statesman Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965), who led his Nation to victory during the Second World War and inspired the world with the power of his words. It is affiliated to The Churchill Centre in the United States and the International Churchill Society in Canada, and has a national membership. Its Trustees are committed to supporting educational and outreach programmes. As Sir Winston Churchill passes out of living memory, the current Trustees, led by the International Chairman Laurence Geller and the UK Chairman Lord Marland, are determined to ensure that his name and his values are passed on to successive generations. For more information about the Centre and how to join, email TCC.Membership@chu.cam.ac.uk.
About Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house with companies in London, New York, Berlin and Sydney. Its founder and Chief Executive is Nigel Newton. Its four divisions include Bloomsbury Academic and Professional, Bloomsbury Information, Bloomsbury Adult Publishing and Bloomsbury Children’s Publishing.